The Wisdom of Master Kang

I was disturbed by my progress in the unarmed combat training, so I approached Master Kang at the training circle at Ravenholdt.

"Master Kang, why am I not advancing in my technique?"

Master Kang looked at me and said, in a voice so soft I had to strain to hear it. "Chess, have you seen the sunset on the water in the swamps of Menethl Harbor, with the sunlight glinting like fire on the spinal ridges of the hunting crocklisks?"

"Yes, Master Kang," I replied.

"Have you watched the water from the falls at the Overlook Cliffs in the Hinterlands strike the rock without achieving anything?" he asked.

"Yes, Master Kang," I replied.

"Have you seen the moonlight reflect from the calm lake waters of Lake Elune'ara?" he asked.

"Yes, Master Kang," I replied.

"That is your problem!" he yelled in a deafening roar.  "You are spending too much time watching stupid shit, and not enough time in practice!  There are no shortcuts - DO THE WORK!"

There was much truth in the words of Master Kang.

Comments