The Gunderson Brothers

I got a message from Urehm to meet him at a tavern in the Dwarven District.  It was the first I’d heard from the Blackbird Ring since a meeting at a private residence; they’d laid out quite a spread, including three kinds of cheese.

In any case, when I got there, the Blackbird Ring was in a throw-down with the Gunderson brothers and their thugs.  Although I didn’t know what the fight was about, I asked myself, “Does it really matter?”  They were trying to stick my compatriots with the sharp and pointy end of things, and I couldn’t allow that _ took down a few with the throwing spikes I carried and drew my dagger to enter the fray.  The fight didn’t last much longer, leaving the Gundersons and about a dozen of their guys face-down, even if I got to see one of ours - a gnome with green hair and mustache - to a swan dive face-plant from the balcony to a first-floor tavern table. Did you know that the Blackbird Ring has two physicians, by the way?  The Boss - Aubey by name, but I just thought of him as “The Boss”, in the same way that Urehm was usually called “the Dwarf” - said to scatter before the guardsmen arrived to arrest us. 

We scattered.

Comments