Blackbird Ring

I have been told by Elling Trias that I should keep a journal; precisely why I need one has not yet been made clear to me, but as he paid for the book and the special inks, I concluded that the least I could do is actually put them to use. Working for Trias is a strange experience. It makes sense that he could leverage his own stable of cheesemakers to increase stock, and then sell them through the inns in the greater Stormwind area; given the lawless nature of the lands outside the city proper, it even makes sense that he would hire someone who might find… alternative, non-traditional paths from Stormwind to Goldshire (an easy run), from Goldshire to the Westbrook (watch out for ravening wolves), Westbrook to Sentinel Hill (dodge the Defias Brotherhood), Sentinel Hill to Darkshire (More wolves, myriad kinds of giant spiders, and an undead abomination named “Stitches”), Darkshire to Lakeshire (gnolls and giant tarantulas), Lakeshire to Eastvale (Still more wolves and Defias), and then home via Goldshire. When I return, I give Trias the new orders I took from the Innkeepers and Tavern Keepers, and then make deliveries inside the city until its time to make the trip again. While I was in Darkshire, I was approached by a dwarf named Urehm, who has offered me employment with the Blackbird Ring, an organization of sorts. He seems to be in charge of the smuggling, and as the work I do for Trias seems like a good cover, I can pick up some coin doing a little courier work as well - I won’t ask what is in the packages, and he won’t tell me. A little extra coin never hurts!

Comments