Busting A Drug Den - And My Face

My face hurts.

Usually, my face just hurts other people - when they look at it.

Worgen scars!
But the Blackbird Ring attacked a drug den run by Mayhem’s people.  We had to make haste, as we botched the approach on the sentries, and they started peppering us with shot.  I picked up the body of the sentry I had killed (when I say “we”, I meant “the others” - I gave mine a second mouth easily enough) and used it as a shield while following the Boss into the drug lair.

Unfortunately, I also tripped - like a complete buffoon - and landed face-first in a crate of drugs in vials.  I shattered the crate - and the vials - with my face.  It felt like a thousand razors cutting at my skin all at once, and whatever was in the vials burned like hellfire!

The drug addicts probably died from laughing at me while rolling on the floor in agony.

After it was all over, Boss told me to go with Annalisa to her clinic and get fixed up.  Annalisa sent me to an upstairs exam room, where I changed into a gown.  For some reason, I was really shy about the three scars on my chest, a legacy from when my home in Pyrewood was destroyed by Worgen.  I still have nightmares about huge slavering jaws and razor-sharp claws like the ones which left the scars.

Anyway, she said nothing about the scars, for which I was grateful.  Some of the facial wounds had scabbed over by then, so she had to spend a bit of time cleaning the wounds, removing the shards of the shattered glass vials, and then stitching me up after.  If you thought my face had been scary before - now I looked like a botched Forsaken experiment!

This has made me come to the conclusion that I need to learn field-medic level first aid - We don’t have many doctors, just Annalisa and Dean, and sometimes they can’t be with us in the field.  Maybe if I learn what to do in the field, more of us can survive long enough to get to Annalisa or Dean in the first place!

Comments